Hey guys the year has only just started but my oh my has it been a fantastic one so far! On the 7 January I held a ‘cooking demo’ at the Vegan Life Live show….well what was meant to be a cooking demo turned into a buffet Q&A session which I throughly enjoyed! I was originally going with the theme of making meals with everyday items…I ended up showing that Caribbean dishes could be easily veganised and taste even better then the non-vegan counterparts. It was such a manic day that I wasn’t able to get decent pictures, however, I made the following:
- Purple sweet potato, roasted chilli butternut squash potato salad with an avocado and hemp citrus dressing,
- Ackee & Saltfish-Recipe coming soon (YT Ackee & coconut milk | Ackee & Rosecoco Beans)
- Seitan based fried chicken pieces (first time making them thank goodness it came out well),
- Macaroni cheese (Recipe coming soon),
- Jerk Tofu (Similar recipe with coconut milk)
- Coconut & chilli baked plantain slices,
- Fried dumplins (YouTube Recipe),
- Fried Plaintain (YouTube How To)
- Carrot Juice (YouTube Recipe updated video coming soon)
Everyone loved the samples and asked loads of questions on how to make the items, the benefits of veganism and loads of other things. It was so much fun I would easily do it again I would just need to cook loads more food the next time round!
A massive thank you to all that have supported me and followed me on my vegan foodie journey may it long continue. An even larger thank you to Vegan Life for featuring me and Vegan Life Live having faith enough in me to hold my very first demo. You can purchase the vegan life magazine in WhSmiths, Sainsburys, Marks & Spencer, Ms Cupcake in Brixton and loads more stores across the country. You can also purchase a digital version and sign up for a subscription here.